Wednesday 30 July 2008

Knitting after Le Tour

Life is a little strange without the Tour de France Knitalong...I don't really quite know what to knit next.

I have a few UFO's lurking in the bottom of my knitting bag that I should really pick up, plus an ever-increasing blocking queue that really does need tackling, but of course I decided just to cast-on something new instead!



This is the 'With Added Gust Scarf' and will be for my 'nearly' Mother-in-Law. It is in the lovely Caber yarn by The Yarn Yard and the colours are so stunningly delicate I can't stop holding the piece at arms length and admiring the dye work! The best description I can come up with for it is almost like a muted version of Dolly Mixture sweets, full of lavenders, pinks and greens but quite dusky...just beautiful.

I hope I will be able to part with this one as the previous Gust scarf was intended as a present and didn't quite make it that far!

No comments: