Wednesday 16 July 2008

Un Toe et Deux Cuff

Le Tour Update: Somewhere near Pau

As it is rest day I am using the time to knit a new baby hat, but can now update you on The Singing Road socks...


As you can see there is now a finished toe and another new cuff which can only mean that sock one is complete, but I will keep you in suspense to see the whole article until the pair is knitted up!

I am a bit disappointed with the toe and it does bear a passing resemblance to a breast, however it fits quite well so I guess I did alright for a first effort? I will learn to master the kitchener stitch and use this from now on rather than this technique of gathering the remaining stitches together.

I have a train journey to look forward to tomorrow and I always see them as the perfect opportunity for pure unadulterated, guilt-free knitting time so I am hoping to make good progress.

A bientot mes amies!

No comments: