Sunday 5 October 2008

Still Here!

I was going to make excuses for having been away for so long but the only one I have is that I have been so busy! It's incredible how quickly life moves sometimes and so true that you really do have to grasp it with both hands before it slips away.

My blog station called me back following a wonderful episode on the bus...

I am in the process of knitting another pair of Canal du Midi socks for my other half and as they are a secret surprise for his birthday they are my current bus knitting project. I was busily clicking away the other morning and heard, 'What are you making?' I took my earphones out and a little girl was looking at me and my knitting. 'It's a sock' I said, 'would you like to see a finished one?' I got a very enthusiastic nod in return. 'Now, you have to remember that I am making them for my boyfriend and my feet are not this big!' I got another nod.

I have to emphasise at this point that my beloved is long of leg and long of foot and his sock is therefore, well, long! Following a rummage in my knitting bag I produced the finished sock and held it up for the little lady to see. She took a look at it, looked at me, then looked at my feet! By this time the sock had garnered quite a crowd and her reaction to my work and the size of this incredible piece of knitted fabric produced an excellent comedic moment on the bus. It not only made my morning but my day.

Yep, I'm still here and still knitting.

2 comments:

Probably Jane said...

I loved your encounter on the bus - I am convinced that knitting in public puts people around you in a better mood.

Crobbles said...

I had a similar reaction to some painted foot prints. I was teaching 6 year olds at the time and we were measuring everything and anything. My boyfriend had size 12 feet, so I painted his soles with rainbow colours and got him to stand on some card. My class were convinced I was going out with a giant!