Saturday 5 July 2008

Le Tour de France Knitalong 2008


Le Grand Depart - Brest to Plumelec

And we are off!

Well almost!

I have got off to a slow start as the riders left Brest on the first leg of Le Tour, my yarn finished its journey from Edinburgh to London and threw my project plans into disarray. It is so beautiful that I decided my chosen project wouldn't do it justice and have had to rethink at the last moment. I am considering this to be a technical difficulty along the lines of having the wrong saddle for the terrain. On a more positive note my Yarn Yard colours match pretty well with my riding team, Team Credit Agricole, in fact I could not have requested a better colour scheme, although the yarn shows up more bluey in the pictures!






My decision is now made and I am going to knit the Canal du Midi socks from Knitting On The Road by Nancy Bush. This will be my fourth pair of socks and they have a relatively fiddly lace detail on them, a different heel to the ones I have knit before and some shaping around the ankle which are all new techniques I have not tried before making them perfect for the Polka-Dot jersey category.

Cast-on is complete and I have learnt a new technique already, that of the Double Start Cast-On and thanks to the wonder of the internet found a great video to help me. This particular method gives a nice elastic and very neat edge making it perfect for sock cuffs.


Doesn't the yarn look great! I have named this one Asphalt as it has a lovely gravel appearance.

Bonne Nuit!

No comments: