Wednesday 18 June 2008

Stitch Markers

As you may know by now I am a keen advocate of 'bus knitting'. It took a little while to get over the initial self-conciousness of knitting in such an enclosed public space but now I don't think twice about whipping my Addi turbos out!

My current bus project is the Gust scarf and today I made a mistake and desperately needed a stitch marker. I had a good rummage around the bottom of my knitting bag but to no avail, so I rummaged around my handbag hoping I could find a substitute.

This is what I came up with...


Can you guess what it is yet? Yep, it's the tear strip off my chewing gum wrapper and it worked a treat for the row I needed it for! It also seemed less snag free than the paper clip markers I caught my Mum using whilst knitting up her beautiful Habu silk cardigan!!

So, I wondered what have you used as stitch markers or other knitting notions when the correct tool isn't to hand?

No comments: