Tuesday 10 June 2008

Socks Are Friends

Last week was about finishing off a pair of socks I have had lurking in the bottom of my knitting bag for far too long and now they are done all I can think of is knitting more and more socks...just as well with the Tour de France KAL coming up!

I only learnt the art of sock knitting in February when I decided it was time to face my fear and attend a short course at I Knit being taught by Jane. It is true that you do catch the 'sock bug'. This pair are the outcome of Jane's gentle and patient teaching and I am so proud of them!



Before I had even finished the first pair I had chosen the yarn to knit up a pair for my beloved...



And then before before I knew it I was casting on a pair of Go With The Flow socks in lovely Yarn Yard Bonny Buxom just for me!





Socks are friends. You can take them anywhere. They don't take up a lot of room in your handbag. They are easy to squish if you need to jump off the bus in a hurry. But, what I have found most intriguing is that socks in progress encourage conversations with total strangers! It's great! I have chatted to a lady who was just curious, another lady about her cousin's generator and a man about his mother who at 90 could still knit on four needles and she was blind!

No comments: